Work With Us!
Who we are:
Roasted Notes is an Irish company with a passion for great coffee, sourced directly from a family-run farm in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Our coffee is roasted in a micro-roaster here in Ireland. A specific cultivation process allows our coffee to excel as a single origin espresso shot, drip coffee and also cold brew. The SCA cup score of this collection is 82—84 points.
Our first Roasted Notes café opened in the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School in Dublin, and now you can also find us in Talent Garden in DCU Alpha Campus, and in the Swords Pavilions Shopping Centre. We also supply our specialty beans to cafés and restaurants throughout the country.
At Roasted Notes we’re growing and constantly striving to offer the best customer experience, and we’re looking for coffee-loving like-minded people to help us on our journey.
As an Assistant Manager you will be integral to running and growing the café, making sure that the staff are happy in their job and motivated, and our customer service is at its best. You’ll be reporting into the General Manager and will oversee 5-7 staff. You’ll get full support from the General Manager and from our KSG Head of Coffee.
The role will suit someone who’s thriving in a fast-paced environment and who’s comfortable to multi-task. We’re looking for a self-motivator, who takes pride in seeing their ideas implemented and being the face of the brand. And most importantly, we’re looking for someone with a passion for coffee.
Job Title: Café Assistant Manager
What you’ll do:
- Managing the daily operations while delivering an excellent customer experience
- Managing the staff, ROTA building and allocating duties
- Supervising the café to ensure a high level of cleanliness and service is maintained and the unit is presented professionally
- Assisting with weekly stock takes, following delivery procedures and ensuring the stock is accurate and securely stored
- Making sure the unit is adhering to food hygiene standards
- Balancing tills and process daily cash sheets
- Ensuring equipment is maintained and PPE is used correctly
- Assisting the team in their professional development and problem-solving, observing performance and encouraging improvement where necessary
- Dealing efficiently and courteously with customer complaints or issues
- Ensuring operations are efficient at all times
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the team
- Ensure opening and closing procedures are maintained, admin and issues are dealt with proactively and reported as necessary
- Working with daily cash, POS, purchasing and inventory systems
This list is not exhaustive; the Assistant Manager will be required to perform such other duties as appropriate to the post, as may be assigned to them from time to time by the General Manager.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for coffee and food
- You’ve ideally worked as a speciality barista in the past
- You demonstrate excellent customer service ethic
- Your communication skills are excellent
- You’re a people person, with excellent interpersonal and commercial skills
- You speak advanced or native-level English
- You will need to keep a level head, be able to multitask and have excellent people skills
- You’ve worked in a café environment previously
- You have strong leadership skills, with an ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
- You’re creative and resourceful, looking for a career, nor just a job
- You’re capable to think on your feet and make decisions effectively and decisively
- You have the ability to prioritise and deliver high quality work on tight deadlines
- HACCP experience: 2 years (preferred)
- Food safety regulations: 2 years (preferred)
Job Type: full-time, 40 hours/week
- Bike to Work scheme
- Paid training & career development
- Access to KSG Employee Assistance Program
- Complimentary Meals
- TaxSaver commuter tickets scheme available
- Refer a friend initiative
- 8 hours/day
- Day shift
- Rostered 5 days in 7/week
- Weekend availability
Location: Swords Pavilions Shopping Centre
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org